This year's Canadian Grand Prix will not be sellout as threats to disrupt the weekend have affected attendance, according to the race promoter.
Last year the weekend attendance for the Montreal race exceeded 300,000 for the ninth consecutive grand prix with a crowd of 115,000 present on the Sunday alone.
This season, though, the numbers will be less as the race is not expected to be sold out.
Race promoter François Dumontier, president of the Octane Racing Group, has blamed the decline on protesting students and internet hackers.
"They said they wanted to disrupt the grand prix," Dumontier told the Montreal Gazette. "They already have."
He added: "I can't remember the last time we didn't sell out. It's been that long.
"Depending on the weather, and the hype generated and during Friday's practice, we can sell more tickets this weekend. I'd like to sell everything, but I don't think we will."
The students, who are protesting against tuition fee increases, have already caused the cancellation of Thursday's 'Open Day' event.